Concept: Step into a troubled 1970s home in this non-linear, infinite empathy machine. experience the psychological horrors of coping caused by an endless cycle of abuse. this is a short art game about a mother’s feelings, relationships, and history. explore the house and interact with objects. your interaction causes the environment to tell the story of her deepest emotions. see how far you will go to end this vicious cycle.
Technology: Unreal Engine
– Culling Volumes: Optimized the game so that there are no frame rate issues.
– Object Interaction: Provided an indication or feedback to the player that he/she can interact with an object. using object outline method where a certain object will have a white outline when it’s intractable.
– Pick Up Interaction: Implemented a mechanic where the player can freely move on an object by holding down a button.
– Final Steps: Programmed stairs where the stairs build as the player is walking.
– Bug Fix: Fixed bugs where sometimes when the object is interacted the object goes out of screen space in inspector mode. Fixed bug where the ray cast from the camera is having an offset compared to the pointer.
– Reduced Zoom Delay: Fixed the bug where the zoom out is related to the amount of time zoom in is held.
– Profiling: Identified what was causing frame rate issues and checked if there are any script errors.
– TRC Document: Went through the TRC document to check if there are any requirements that needed to be done so that the game can be published on the PS4.